Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Weekend Away



At this very moment I am sitting on the front porch of our little cabin in the woods. I am enjoying the view and the wonderful breeze that we have this morning. The birds are singing and so are the bugs. The kids are hanging out inside at the moment playing games.

I have picked up knitting again. The first time I tried it, I got frustrated with it. I could do it but it was not going as fast or as easy as I thought it might. I have had the worst time trying to figure out how to hold the yarn with my right hand while working the needle too. I finally got the hang of itch though. It's you can se from the picture, I am almost finished with my first dishcloth. I absolutely love these knitted dishcloths and picked knitting back up just to see if I could make some. It is no where neat perfect but not too bad for my first try. I am using size 8 needles right now because that was he largest I had. I did however go pick up some size 10 1/2 and 11 the other day. I plan to use them for the next ones. I'm sure it will go a wee bit faster with them.

I'm using my phone to post with so that's why the pictures are all up there. I just added another one of a little road runner friend that dropped by. He is gone off down the hill now but at least I got a little peek at him to share with all of you.

Hubby and I spent some quiet time together this morning just enjoying the breeze and birds from the porch. It was nice to just sit together and talk quietly for a bit and just enjoy each others company.

I have been walking at least 4 - 5 days a week for the last month. I didn't get a chance to go yesterday because we were busy with packing the last of our stuff to come over here. Hubby and I will probably go tonight. I would love to go this morning but with the bears and the snakes I think I will wait until he can go with me. Our neighbor has had bear trouble at their cabin a lot recently. It got up on his back porch and ate some protein bars he forgot to bring in. Then it climbed into the back of his truck because it could smell the deer feed that had been there. This week it got the door to his shed open and had a picnic on the feed he had stored there. It has been at our cabin also because we had huge bear tracks on the porch. So I won't be wandering too farm from the cabin right now. I'm not too interested in being a snack for a black bear. We did get to see some raccoons this morning. They were visiting our deer feeder here by the cabin. We also saw a doe deer last night. I promise to share pictures of bears if I see any. I think hubby has some at home that he has from the cameras that he has at the deer feeders.

I'm off to finish knitting my dishcloth and start another one. I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend just like me.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.